Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy talk

Little Dude is just plain irrational these days and it's driving me nuts. The level of our conversations has really gone done in quality too. This is how our conversations go these days.

LD: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
LD: No Mommy say 'yes dear'. (this is how i often respond to him)
Me: Yes dear.
LD: No Mommy. Don't say 'yes dear'. Say "yeeees?"
Grrrr.

LD: Mommy?
Me: Yeah?
LD: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
LD: Mommy?
Me: WHAT?

He loves doing this and I swear he says Mommy one hundred times an hour. The other day we started counting and it was 20 times in a matter of minutes. I never thought i'd tire of being called Mommy but it's getting awfully close.

LD: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
LD: Can I have (fill in the blank)?
Me: No.
LD: Why?
Me: Because (give rational reason)
LD: Why?
Me: (give rational reason one more time)
LD: Mommy?
Me: Yeah?
LD: Can I have (fill in the blank with same thing you did last time)
Me: No.
LD: Why?
Me: Because I said so. (i swore i'd never say this to him but alas the time has come)
LD: Why?

or this same conversation goes this way...

LD: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
LD: Can I have (fill in the blank)?
Me: No.
LD: Why?
Me: Because (give rational reason)
LD: But (blah blah blah)
Me: That's fine, but this is the last time/last one/etc
LD: I don't want (fill in the blank).
Me: You just said you did.
LD: No, i don't want (fill in the blank)
Me: Okay, then don't have (fill in the blank)
LD: But I want (fill in the blank).
Me: Then have it.
LD: No. I don't want (fill in the blank). I want (new fill in the blank).
(repeat)

GrrRRRRRRRRRRR. I swear. I love the kid but i firmly hold the belief that right when you are fed up and want to throttle them, they do something cute. This was God's brilliant plan to keep humankind growing. Because I kid you not, it's like perfect timing. Like this...

I swatted his bottom lightly so he'd move out of my way after refusing to so he goes around singing, not just saying it but singing a song.... "mommy hit my bottom. mommy hit my bottom." Then he says to my husband "can you kiss my bottom?"

Life with 3 year olds. Never a dull moment. Nor a peaceful moment.

***All conversations here were held in the last 15 minutes but repeated many times throughout the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home