Thursday, October 16, 2008

Conversations with the little man

LD is quite the conversationalist and his vocabulary is getting amazing. Here's a few from this week.
----------
At the playground yesterday.

LD: Look at the school i built!
Me: (looking at the pile of sand) That's so cool. Should we add a playground?
(We take sticks and make a slide and people etc)
LD: (he takes a few sticks and places them under the building) That's the pipes filled with water. Goes to the river.

I swear he's going to be an engineer. He's always thinking about things like this. The insides of stuff. Richard Scarry is by far his favorite author for this reason.

---------------------
In the car on the way home from a nature walk the other day.

Me: Look how full the moon is tonight!
LD: What's it full of?
Me: (laughing a little) It's full of light.
LD: And people?
Me: There's no people in there. Just light. See how it makes the sky glow all around it.
LD: Makes it blue.
Me: Yup. My favorite color of blue!
LD: Mine too. (pause) I want to go there!
Me: Where?
LD: To the moon!
Me: We can't go to the moon silly. How would we get there?
LD: We take a space shuttle. Mommy Daddy Little Dude will take a space shuttle to the moon and see what's inside.

I so love him in these moments. He thinks i can make anything happen. The other day he said "i want to be an airplane for halloween and i told him i don't think they make an airplane costume. He told me I can make it. He truly believes i can make anything and i can fix anything. I love the magic of that.

----------------------------
out of the blue over the weekend

LD: When i grow up i'm going to be a farmer.
Me: You are? (no, you will never grow up you hear me!)
LD: I make corn. I keep some. I take some to the store!
Me: Cool!
LD: I ride the tractor!
Me: Can i live with you on your farm?
LD: Of course!
Me: Can we have some animals?
LD: yeah!
Me: Can i still make you dinner?
LD: Yeah.
LD: Daddy! I'm going to be a farmer when i grow up!

very very very early in the morning Monday (apparently he reconsidered being a farmer)

LD: Mommy!
Me: hmmmmmmmmmmm (eyes still closed)
LD: Mommy!
Me: yeah?
LD: When i grow up i want to be fireman. With a hose and water. And a biiiiiiig firetruck with a siren and lights.
Me: You're not going to be a farmer now?
LD: I'm going to be a fireman when i grow up.
---------------
the end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home