Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Update

I bought a sewing machine over the weekend and am very excited about it. This is what I have become. Suzy Homemaker. And my husband thinks it's cute. I've gotten all crafty lately. It's sort of nice. I am seriously happy about the sewing machine though even if it makes me uncool. I can't wait to make this Tunic Pattern I found on another blog (whose blog is password protected so can't share). I always have a hard time finding shirts that fit me in length because i'm tall. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the store and bought long shirts, tried to not dry them so they wouldn't shrink, but then i shrink them anyway because i forget about them after fluffing them. I hate crunchy air dry shirts...they seem to stand up on their own. I just need to remember how to sew.

I'm also working on the contents of that chemotherapy basket. I saw her husband walking the other day and asked if he thought she'd like a hat and he said that she would love it so now i'm not at all afraid to give her a basket so am making her a few hats, throwing in a few hijabs, teas, a book and a cd.

I also have a few scarves requested of me from friends and relatives. Not much else happening over here. Domesticity is at a peak. Inlaws are still here too. They liked their homemade valentines day cards from the Little Dude this morning. Hubby and I are going on what just may be our first real date tonight. We met in person for the first time 3 years ago today. A semi-vacation (work for my hubby, vacation for me) is coming up too. Warm sand here I come. Can't wait to see LD in the water. He'll love playing in the sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home