Monday, March 20, 2006

That's what friends are for

Ernie: Hey, Bert.

Bert: What is it, Ernie?

Ernie: You know, Bert, I just remembered I didn't put away all my toys. I left a big mess in the other room. Do you think I should get up and clean that stuff up now?

Bert: Ernie, it's time to go to sleep now. You can do that in the morning.

Ernie: It's pretty messy in there, Bert.

Bert: Well, Ernie, you're just a little messy. I've learned that. I'm used to it. Let's go to sleep.

Ernie: You know, Bert, you're a real friend. I'm messy and you don't like it messy, but because I'm your friend you don't mind too much if I'm messy.

Bert: Well, not *too* much, Ernie. Let's just go to sleep.

Ernie: But, but that's what a friend is, Bert. I mean, not minding too much because you like somebody. That's a friend, Bert, a pal! Not minding! That's what friends are for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home