Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Movies and Books

I just finished reading the Kite Runner and thought it was an excellent excellent book. I haven't cried reading a book in a long long time and i did twice in this one. Perhaps it was because i had my little guy nestled in my lap and because i listened to it outloud on audiobook but the story really touched me. I also finished For Matrimonial Purposes which was a quick fun read. I know there's more but those stick out right now. I'm about to reread Little Women and am working on the Qur'an again. But instead of reading it, i'm copying the entire book and then reading the commentary. It's helping my rentention already.

Saw two really funny movies recently too. I loved Garden State and can't even believe there's someone out there that thinks like this. The guy wrote, directed, and acted in it. I liked it because it's so original and weird. Leila, i think you would love this movie. Another good one is Shaolin Soccer. A friend recommended this and at first i thought, this is gonna be lame. About five minutes into and thereafter i was cracking up. Hilarious. I don't usually watch these types of films. I prefer the serious dramas and romantic comedies so it was a nice change. We are also watching the fourth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm - funny stuff.

I'm back to reviewing books again and have two thick ones in front of me and also writing for the magazine so i don't have a lot of time to read, especially with Little Dude who is getting more interactional and wants to have long chats with his ami. MashAllah. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home