Monday, September 05, 2005

karela


karela-image109408
Originally uploaded by wayfarer.

This is one thing i learned to cook this week that i will never ever cook again. I see this all the time in the Indian stores and wondered what it was and why it was so popular so asked mil to make some. Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck.

It's nickname is bitter melon and even after you squeeze all the juice out it is still bitter as bitter gets. I actually ate a decent amount of it so it wasn't thaaaat bad but i wouldn't make it again. Off to the farmers market again today. Guess what we won't be getting? It reminds me of something my dad made me eat as a kid but i cannot think of what it is.

Have you had it and what else does it taste like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home