Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Identity

So finally we got our marriage license. Almost 10 months later. So i finally changed my name. I know i didn't need to etc but we wanted my name changed for personal reasons. So today i got a new social security card and license. Both times when i had to sign my new name i signed my old name. I had to redo it a few times and had no idea how to sign my new name even though i've been going by it verbally since we married. But for some reason, when signing a legal document it took on a whole nother meaning and it was a very weird feeling. Like something was lost. I wonder how long it will take to get used to signing the new way and how many times i'll mess up. I do feel like a little chunk of me is no longer there. I never realized how much a name becomes a part of you. BUT i am happy to officially be the Mrs. in Mr. and Mrs. X. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home